Thursday, September 25, 2014

Maleficent is Available for Preorder



Just received the announcement that Maleficent (2-Disc Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD) and Maleficent (1-Disc DVD) are available for preorder. The film will be released on November 4th.


Or if you prefer to own or rent digitally, you can preorder at Maleficent, too. I still prefer to own a physical copy for portability between my family's houses since a few live near me. And digital is still a little too burpy for my viewing pleasure when I finally agree to sit down and watch a movie. Which isn't very often. I watch TV, but these days I actually prefer TV to film. More women and usually stronger ones overall.

I didn't see Maleficent this past summer but my mother and nephew did--my 9-year-old nephew Luke--and they both enjoyed it. They went on Luke's birthday actually for an afternoon out. Which is saying a lot. My mother is far from the type of person who is wooed by Disney stuff--the family joke is that I finally took my mother to Disneyland when I was nearly 30 years old. My mother raised me in art museums instead for which I am very grateful. And Luke may be even harder to impress so that they both recommended it means I will purchase and even watch it.

So did you like Maleficent? Did you see it? Will you see it?

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely adored it!
    It was so much better than I feared it might be. It didn’t have all the flaws that Tim Burtons Alice in Wonderland or Oz the Great and Powerful had, because it had great visuals AND a great story. It is one of my favorite fairy tale movies of all time and although I am no big fan of Jolie, I really adored her in the movie. Well done, Disney!

    ReplyDelete