Friday, July 19, 2013

Brother and Sister and Sally Jean Once Upon a Time Jewelry



In June, I spent an afternoon with my mother and niece at Belle Meade Mansion here in Nashville, one of my favorite antebellum plantation homes in the South. We spent a while in the gift shop and I discovered this pendant above in a display. I debated and then bought--because, yes, fairy tales! (It was only $15 so I wasn't breaking the bank.) 

Thus I am sharing with you today. I think what appealed to me most was the designer's unintentional salute to one of my favorite fairy tales, Brother and Sister, with the inclusion of the deer. Most people don't look at a deer and think of a fairy tale, but the good readers here know their fairy tales! And a deer isn't Bambi. A deer is an enchanted brother!
I came home and searched and the Sally Jean line has some pieces left, but the pendant I purchased appears to be out of production. The new ones found on this page separate Once Upon a Time and Happily Ever After to different pendants and have removed the deer. 




BUT! A few pieces are on Amazon, too, one a watch. And it still has the deer! I am tempted since I have a clock fetish anyway...


Sally Jean "Once Upon a Time" Watch Pendant Necklace is marked down 31% today to $19.95 since I last looked at it for a sale, so I guess it's better than I've been too busy to write about this!

No comments:

Post a Comment