Wednesday, April 20, 2011

New Issue of Faerie Magazine





The newest issue of Faerie Magazine is hitting newsstands and mailboxes soon and this is a great issue. Of course, I am slightly prejudiced since my latest column is included, this time it's an article about the Grimms' tale, The Three Spinners. Bet you didn't expect that one, did you? I didn't but when editor Kim Cross requested a tale about spinning, this was the perfect choice, especially considering I've already written about Rumpelstiltskin in a previous issue. I struggled with finding material and learned a little myself since I hadn't studied this one much previous to writing this article for readers like you.

Here's the brief description for the issue:

Faerie Magazine Issue #22 includes an in depth interview with writer Charles de Lint, the life of Edmund Dulac (fairy illustrator of the Victorian era), Dancing in the Green: Robin Hood and the Faeries by John Matthews, The Three Spinners by Heidi Heiner of Surlalune, and much much more! Enjoy!

I just received my author copies today and it is very full of wonderful imagery--very expected with Edmund Dulac featured--and many more articles not listed here such as one about the aforementioned spinning as well as one about The Mabinogion by Claire Matthews and even one about mushrooms in Victorian paintings which is much more interesting than you might think at first thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment