Friday, January 15, 2010

Advertising: Virgin Megastores & Fairy Tales


This campaign appeared in the United Arab Emirates in the first quarter of 2009 for Virgin Megastores. I fell in love when I saw it and don't know what took me so long to discover this one... Little Red and the Wolf above are my favorite. (See it big on Ads of the World.)

The small print in the lower right hand corners says: "Audio books for kids now available at Virgin Megastore."


The ad agency was JWT Dubai. Lovely work. The concept is great. The illustrations are marvelous.

Love how Snow White doesn't appear in her ad. Don't we all prefer the dwarfs and the wicked stepmother anyway? Not that they ever appear in a scene together. She always waits until they are conveniently away. The discrepancy makes me almost love this one more than Little Red Riding Hood at the top. (See it big on Ads of the World.)


(See it big on Ads of the World.)

Makes me want to listen to some audio books. And I am not a big audio book listener...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting these. They are amazing, both in concept and execution!

    ReplyDelete